Modern residential security installations are getting increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to perform simple security chores like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
What if you never had to worry about these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in West Bloomfield, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In West Bloomfield For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary around your house, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. The technology then uses your phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices use to communicate with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You can then set up specific boundaries around your property and program what actions you want to take place as you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you exit your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Below are a handful of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in West Bloomfield. When accessing the security app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain equipment engage when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan if a smoke detector trips. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system notices strange movements in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that operate in harmony together. Make your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and HVAC settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to set your alarm when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in West Bloomfield
Whether you desire additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our representatives today at (248) 266-4039 or complete the form on this page to get started on your perfect security system.