Security cameras can solely be placed as a hindrance—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Fortunately, modern security cameras come outfitted with a plethora of additions all designed to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these additions enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in West Bloomfield.
How To Set Up Your West Bloomfield Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is mounting them in the right spots around your living space. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your interior that are less imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your guests needs to be a major regard prior to placing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Device location is only the first step in extracting the most from home security cameras in West Bloomfield. The additions described below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic notifications on your smart device the instant unusual movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start recording when motions are detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your home security cameras to record and back up clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with people via the camera. With your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a camera can see, and provides a more complete view of an area. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more exact, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely texts when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in West Bloomfield is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (248) 266-4039 or submit the form below to start customizing your home security system today.